The Vidril Volumes are a series of books centered around the Vanyarin Elf Vidril, who later takes the name Mageth Vorncollo, and his history from birth to death. The series also includes new characters, both canon and non-canon, and gives a new perspective to multiple events in MIddle-earth's history. The series is set to be complete by the end of 2014.
There are a total of 8 books in the series:
- Book 1, which starts with Vidril's birth in Cuivenen during the Awakening of the Elves, and ends with his arrival in Beleriand after the Rebellion of the Noldor, where he first takes the name Mageth.
- Book 2, which details Mageth's history in Beleriand, from his time with the House of Fingolfin to his attempt to escape Beleriand before the War of Wrath.
- Book 3, which details Mageth's time in Lindon, serving as the leader of the Rangers of Lindon and making many long-term friends, such as Cendrolom and Círdan the Shipwright.
- Book 4, which details Mageth's work during the War of Elves and Sauron and the War of the Last Allliance, ending with him leaving the Rangers at the beginning of the Third Age.
- Book 5, which tells of Mageth's work with the Kingdom of Arnor and his relationship with the Elf twins Elladan and Elrohir, and ends with the collapse of the North Kingdom, caused by the Witch King of Angmar.
- Book 6 tells the reader about Mageth's continued experiences alongside Elladan and Elrohir, now assisting the Dunedain survivors of the war with the Witch King, and ends a year before the beginning of the War of the Ring.
- Book 7 is about Mageth assisting two regions during the War of the Ring, Rohan and Erebor, and ends with him returning to the Dunedain, celebrating Sauron's defeat and going to Bree to complete a new quest.
- Book 8, the final book and the longest, detailing Mageth's quest to defeat the fallen Maia Kashaka, who has used her dark powers to enslave Middle-earth. Meeting his own sister, a Dunedain ranger named Chellon, a Dwarf named Bolin and reuniting with many of his former comrades, Mageth tries to finally end all evil in Middle-earth.