- Isildur, 2nd King of Gondor and Arnor, is killed by orcs in the War of the Last Alliance, after losing the One Ring in the Anduin river.
- The Ring is lost and so will remain for nearly 2,500 years.
- Valandil, the only one of four children of Isildur to survive the war, becomes the King of Arnor.
- Meneldil, nephew of Isildur becomes -apparently de facto- King of Gondor.
- Aragorn continues to lead the group during their journey to Rivendell.
Skirmish in the Anduin riverEdit
Battle of BywaterEdit