Mungo Goodchild is an orphaned young Hobbit lad introduced in Frodo's Revenge. He is currently living with Frodo Baggins, who took him in because he himself bore a similar pain of being alone.
Personality and traitsEdit
Mungo stands about 2'10", and has dark brown hair and green eyes.
- Frodo Baggins: Mungo was at first weary of this Hobbit as he was with others around him, but slowly warms up to Frodo after the older Hobbit saves him from Lotho Sackville-Baggins, who sought to punish the boy for stealing food. Mungo looks up to Frodo like a father figure as well as an older brother, and eventually serves as a catalyst for Frodo's redemption. Likewise, Frodo looks after the boy who becomes the source for his desire to protect the Shire from further incursions.
For early parts of the game, Mungo fought by only throwing stones but soon learns how to fight with a bow and arrow. He also carries a dagger that is given to him by Galadriel.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- "Mister... I am sorry about before. I just wanna thank you for saving my life." - Mungo, speaking for the first time
- "Okay, let me get this straight. You two are now in charge of these Rangers? That's a little weird..." - Mungo, to Merry and Pippin
- "Mr. Frodo! Look! Dwarves in all shapes and sizes! And I thought all of them are stocky and bearded carrying huge hammers or axes around!" - Mungo, regarding the Dwarves in the Glittering Caves
- "Who are you calling a weakling, you dark-skinned witch!?" - Mungo, to Saleme
- "Mr. Frodo! Are you alright? What was that about?" - Mungo, asking Frodo why he has the black sword drawn
- "Pardon me for asking, but isn't your hair supposed to be gold or something?" - Mungo, to Glorfindel
- "I suppose everyone has secrets, don't they?" - Mungo, after a visit from Glorfindel
- In the early parts of the game, Mungo acts in a manner similar to Samwise Gamgee, going as far as to call his new guardian Mr. Frodo.